Monday 7 March 2016

You scream, I scream, we all scream

ICE CREAM.

Growing up, going out to eat was a big deal. When TGI Fridays opened in Cheadle, it was used as the best ever bribe for months on end. Never mind a weekly sticker chart ending in a kinder egg. My parents used a meal at TGI's as a reward for a whole year's good behaviour. Cut your sister's barbie's hair off and that banana split is going to have to wait another 300 or so days. Nowadays- times have changed. My little girl isn't even impressed by a sushi conveyorbelt.  But darling, your food's moving around on a track! Maybe if, as promised, restaurants start using drones to deliver food she might be more non-plussed/oui-minussed.
Anyway, I know deep down why she's so whatevery about it. Because we spoil her with dining experiences. And I'm almost too ashamed to write this recommendation because it stinks of such excess but I'm here to service my (5 or so) readers so here goes. On Sunday my sister and I and our hapless husbands took our 5 kids to the ice cream parlour at Fortnum and Mason. https://www.fortnumandmason.com/restaurants/the-parlour

It was AMAZING. Fortunately we couldn't get a table so the cost remained in the £ instead of £cubed. The girls all had an ice cream and cone and chocolate sauce and goodness knows what else and it was brilliant. I think one scoop of ice cream (pick one girls. Just one. Just one. Only one) was about £3 pounds each. Which compared to the cost to my conscience is very good value. 


No comments:

Post a Comment