Monday 29 February 2016

"The time is long overdue to encourage more women to dream the possible dream" Sheryl Sandberg


Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.' – Rachel Zoe
Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/542820/the-40-best-style-quotes-of-all-time.html#822D057xmDUw9mJc.99

Sheryl and the like tell you that you can be anything you want to be, do anything you want to do.  Believe! Lean in! Sit at the table! Feel the fear and do it anyway. Yes, yes, yes thank you ladies; we know the drill. I am all over it. You need to talk to my 3 year old though, not me. Despite my motivational patter, when I ask her what she wants to be when she's older, she says she wants to cook and clean the castle like Cinderella. Oh right. I shan't be on the proud parent bus to NASA then?
In a funny way, I think I would rather the servant dream than her wishing she could just marry the bloody prince like all the rest of those lazy, drippy, ambition-less early princesses.  Snow White basically naps until she marries her step-brother. And don't get me started on Sleeping Beauty. With this in mind,  I've decided to help her towards fulfilling her lofty goals by giving her some work experience in the playroom with this lovely set from Melissa and Doug. Have courage, be kind. Sweep, collect, sweep, collect. 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Melissa-Doug-Lets-House-Sweep/dp/B00HWHNQA0






No comments:

Post a Comment