Tuesday 22 March 2016

All about stairs

Wow, thanks readers. Ocado have just called to tell me that sales of their frozen veg and herbs have skyrocketed since last week's blog Don't worry, I have many more similar short cuts up my sleeve. I just need to remember them all. Here is one- well it's not so much a short cut, more a good life tip. I read it somewhere, I want to say in the Reader's Digest, but it's more likely to have been in the Hendon and Finchley Times. 

Never go upstairs empty handed. 

I translate this literally. You do NOT have to take a nightly M&S orchid or box of chocolates to the boudoir unless you really want to. Rather it means that there is always something that is downstairs that needs taking upstairs. Laundry, a lost sock, a bin bag for the bathroom bin. I have never regretted following this mantra and it always saves time later on. If you live in a flat, bungalow or penthouse or whatever, just adapt the rule. Customise it! Make it your own! Never go from one side of the abode to the other without taking something with you that needs moving.

Now please don't roll your eyes- I know this seems really boring but trust me it's quite life changing. And if we are being honest with ourselves, life isn't all cupcakes and cashmere is it? Sometimes the grind needs to be acknowledged and improved.

Oh hang on before I go to collect yet more chuchnies from around the house and move them to their rightful homes, here's another stair related life tip. I read somewhere else that you should always go up the stairs two at a time- think of it as a free lunge. If you have seen me from behind you will question whether I practice what I preach with this one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment