Thursday 25 February 2016

Dont put off until tomorrow...


What you can do today. 


If you asked me to describe my positive attributes, as well as lying by saying that I pay close attention to detail, I would say that I pride myself on my superb productivity. I would say, with a soft smile, I just luuuurve getting things diddly diddly done. And actually, when it comes to tasks that are priority wise towards the bottom of the bottom-most list, I do get them done and before the fake deadline too. For example, topping up my reserve stock of baking powder. Oh yes, thats done. I have enough in my supplies to raise the sunk Titantic were it to be made of plain flour. And what about stressing over holiday logistics 30 weeks before the departure date? That's all covered too. And working my way through an entire box of marzipan fruits when I swore I would make them last at least a week? Yes, that task has been satisfactorily accomplished as well. But when it comes to things that actually matter, I am a horrible procrastinator. A case in point - I filled in my baby boy's passport form when he was 8 weeks old. He is now...gulp..... 9 x 4 make.....36 weeks old and I have only just sent it off. WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH ME? 
I am now envisaging me and Ozzie taking a trip to wherever the passport office is (Liverpool? Hull?) and standing in line with fellow desperate procrastinators. If this proves necessary, I am going to need something to read to him on the journey, something that will send him into a deep enough sleep so that I can watch at least 2 episodes of the new season of Girls. I was considering putting him through Barack Obama's first autobiography, the most boring book on record, but luckily for my passportless child, I have found this fantastic little winner called Yawn https://wordery.com/yawn-sally-symes-9781406336122 


No comments:

Post a Comment